The German Investment Funds Association BVI
The German Investment Funds Association BVI is the point of contact for politicians and supervisory authorities on all issues related to the German Capital Investment Code (Kapitalanlagegesetzbuch, KAGB), and represents the interests of the German fund industry at national and international level.
BVI's scope of activities:
- representing the interests of investment management companies in political and regulatory matters at German and international level;
- functioning as a centre of excellence and adviser on the development and application of regulatory issues;
- acting as the main point of contact for politicians, administration and the media on all matters regarding the regulation of the investment industry;
- mediating between the investment industry and politicians;
- acting as a forum for discussions within the industry.
Better framework conditions for investors
BVI enforces improvements for fund-investors. BVI's investor education programmes support students and citizens in improving their financial knowledge.
BVI members manage assets of more than EUR 3 trillion for private investors, insurance companies, retirement benefit schemes, banks, churches and foundations. They are -directly or indirectly- in charge of the assets of some 50 million private clients in over 21 million households.