As a competence centre and central point of contact for the development and application of new legal requirements, BVI provides the key link between the fund industry and the legislator. We accompany legislation from the political idea to its adoption and later in its practical application. At all political and legislative stages, we work towards the smooth practical implementation of the relevant legal provisions.
We represent our positions in several hundred expert discussions per year with European and German legislators and supervisors. We accompany our argumentation with statements, named contributions, interviews and appearances at public specialist events and conferences.
Services for BVI members
We support our members on questions of application and interpretation of legislative provsions, develop working aids and samples, provide comprehensive overall market statistics and promote further training via in-house seminars, webinars and information events.
- Always up to date: We keep our members comprehensively informed about all relevant changes in the legal and political environment - for example with our 14-day newsletter, on the intranet, via LinkedIn and with over 80 events per year.
- BVI statistics: Members have access to our data universe on the German fund market including fund assets, inflows and performance of mutual and Spezialfonds as well as mandates. We also offer our members an interactive statistical search facility.
- Training: We host more than 80 seminars, information sessions, training events, webinars and conferences per year for our members. The speakers are employees from the BVI specialist departments and external experts from practice, administration and politics.
- Personal advice: Our legal and tax experts are the contact persons for our members on all regulatory issues relevant to the industry.
- Platform and network: The industry exchanges ideas at exclusive events such as the BVI Asset Management Conference, the BVI Fund Operations Conference, the summer evening in Berlin or the annual reception in Brussels. At our location in Frankfurt we also have our own conference floor. This is where thousands of employees of asset managers and their service providers meet and network every year.
Do you have questions about a BVI membership?
Please contact us at email@example.com.